If you enable this on the Settings page, new orders from Marketplace will be imported into Shopify in real-time with the following mechanism:
- Imported Order will be tagged with the name of Marketplace, and have a note of the Marketplace order ID
- Status of imported Order will be paid and unfulfilled
- If the order from Marketplace is cancelled, the imported Order on Shopify will also be cancelled, and the corresponding product inventory will be restocked
- After the order has been shipped, the imported Order status will be updated to paid and fulfilled
Imported Order Value
By default, the imported Marketplace order value on Shopify will be the total price of all items set on Marketplace after discount. If there is price difference between Marketplace and Shopify, then it will be treated as follows:
- If the price on Marketplace is less than the price on Shopify, then the imported Order will have custom discount in order to match the total price between Marketplace and Shopify
- If the price on Marketplace is greater than the price on Shopify, then the imported Order will have a custom item to match the total price between Marketplace and Shopify
For Marketplace Order with products that are unsynced, then the imported Order on Shopify will have custom items for the unsynced products.
If you have different criteria than above, reach out to [email protected] to see if we can customize this for you.
By default, the App will try to set customer information from Marketplace order on Shopify imported orders (ie: name, contact number, address). However, this is not supported for some cases, because the customer data is masked by Marketplace. In this case, the customer information will be set as ‘Osco’.
Below is the list of cases whereby customer data import from Marketplace is not supported:
- Shopee Singapore
- Shopee Thailand
- Shopee Taiwan
- Shopee Mexico
- Shopee Philippines (integrated logistics)